Do you need an interesting, informative presentation about seniors? Would you like to attract seniors or their adult children to your facility or to an event? Do you need to reach case managers, social workers, counselors, or nurses? Jim can help.
Jim has a number of presentations on issues related to long term care (nursing home, assisted living, or in-home care) that will provide what you need:
- Changes in Ohio Medicaid eligibility rules for 2016 (1,6)
- ABLE accounts for people with Special Needs: Their Use and Misuse
- Ethical Issues in Case Management and Discharge Planning (1,2)
- Veterans Benefits that Help with Long Term Care (1,5)
- Overcoming Seniors’ Resistance to Long Term Care (1)
- Preventing Senior Fraud (1)
- My Care Ohio and Medicare/Medicaid “Dual Eligibles” (1)
- Navigating Medicaid, Medicare, and the Affordable Care Act (1)
- What People “Know” about Long Term Care that is Wrong (1)
- Government Benefits that can help Pay for Long Term Care (1)
- Legal Issues for People with Dementia (1)
- Advance Directives – Powers of Attorney, Living Wills, etc. (1)
- Buying Long Term Care Insurance Wisely (1)
- Planning Ahead to Protect against Long Term Care Costs (1)
- Organizing for Long Term Care (1)
- Pre-planning your Final Arrangements (1)
- Elder Law: A Primer (3)
- “Protecting your Money when you need Long Term Care” and “Essential Estate Planning Considerations” (4)
(with free living wills for audience members)
- Health Insurance for Families: The Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, and Medicare
- Myths about Long Term Care Costs
- How to help your Parents Manage their Affairs
- Legal Lessons for Life
Note 3 – This presentation is available for Continuing Legal Education.
Note 4 – After this presentation, Jim will help audience members (up to 20) execute their Living Wills. As a result, this presentation is great for the public, but it is not approved for continuing education. (Sorry.) Frequently, Jim will have a friend who works in estate planning give the estate planning portion of the presentation. (This outreach program receives support from Hospice of the Western Reserve and Four Corner Promotions.)
Note 5 – This presentation is approved for Certified Case Managers’ continuing education (until May 23, 2017.)
Note 6 – Approval has been requested for this presentation for Certified Case Managers’ continuing education.
Jim is a dynamic, engaging speaker. (Despite his training and law degree, Jim doesn’t talk like a lawyer.) Your audience will get valuable information and will be entertained.
Contact Jim to schedule your presentation.
Jim offers these presentations to further his mission,
“Protecting Seniors and People with Special Needs.”
For help with long term care or with planning for someone with special needs,
call Jim, or contact him through this website.